(CAACE) The Center for Academic Advising and Career Education, under CSS, will provide first year advising and career counseling to all students through a blended career counseling and advising approach to ensure access to guidance, support and opportunities for success beyond Bloomfield College.
CAACE supports and empowers students to be active participants in the four-year pathway process from major exploration to career development. We prepare students to make informed decisions regarding their future by providing comprehensive resources, advising, professional preparation, and access to internships, employment, and graduate school opportunities. We are committed to providing holistic support services and programs that develop self-directed and lifelong learners in a diverse and inclusive environment.
CAACE's mandate is to provide a transformative experience for students in preparation for their career and internship marketability. The department is a full-service operation providing first -year advising, individual career coaching and a full complement of services including, but not limited to:
- Major exploration
- Majors to careers pathways success planning
- Mock interviews
- Resume and cover letter development
- Professional shadowing and informational meetings
- Job search strategies
- Traditional on and off-campus interview programs
- Job creation initiatives: Corporate Outreach
- Practice Area Panels: career forums where employers and alumni interact with students
- Mentoring programming: alumni initiative
- Faculty Partnerships for career exploration opportunities
For more information, please contact The Center for Academic Advising and Career Education at 973.748.9000 ext. 1250.