TRIO SSS Program
Our mission is to guide, support, and retain our students so that they may successfully graduate from Bloomfield College as knowledgeable global citizens.
TRIO SSS is a comprehensive academic support program that assists primarily first-generation, low-income, and/or disabled students to navigate through higher education and graduate within six years. Services include individualized academic coaching, advising, educational workshops, financial literacy support/grant aid, cultural activities, career, graduate school assistance, and an array of academic resources.
The TRIO Student Support Services (SSS) grant was first awarded to Bloomfield College in 2000 and is now refunded through 2025. TRIO SSS is funded to serve 160 undergraduate students annually through the United States Department of Education's TRIO programs. For more information on TRIO programs, visit: U.S. Department of Education
- Program Information
TRIO Student Support Services (SSS) Program is a comprehensive academic support program whose mission is to guide, support, and retain its students so that they may successfully graduate from Bloomfield College as knowledgeable global citizens.
All services are provided free of cost to program participants.
- Academic & personal coaching
- In-house and online tutorial services
- Career counseling
- Financial aid assistance and advocacy with Student Financial Services
- Financial literacy education
- First Year Mentor Program
- Student computer lab
- Assistance in exploration of course offerings
- Financial aid advising & award letter review
- Graduate school & professional school planning
- Assistance in completing federal and state financial aid applications
- Cultural and social events
- Recommendation letters
- Financial assistance through the SSS Grant
- Textbook, Laptop, Calculator Loans
- Monitoring of academic progress
Participants admitted to the TRIO program commit to:
- Regularly attend monthly one-on-one coaching sessions with TRIO staff
- Participate in academic and professional development programming until graduation from Bloomfield College
- Attend at least two TRIO-sponsored events
- Eligibility and Admissions
- Be U.S. citizen or legal permanent resident of the United States.
- Be enrolled as an undergraduate student at Bloomfield College.
- Be in need of academic support
- Be any of the following:
- “First-Generation” college student (neither parent(s) holds a four-year college degree)
- Income eligible - your family taxable household income is at or below federally determined guidelines
- Have a documented learning or physical disability
The Bloomfield College TRIO SSS application is available!Note: Admission to the program is not guaranteed. Completed applications will be evaluated on a rolling basis. If admitted, you will be contacted regarding the steps needed to finalize your enrollment in the TRIO SSS program.
To apply, download the application or apply online. The downloaded application can be emailed to TRIOSSS@bloomfield.edu or dropped off at the SSS Office in the Bloomfield College Learning Resource Center, Room 107.
- Meet our Staff
TRIO SSS staff are available to answer questions about eligibility, services, and the application process.973-748-9000 ext. 1147Director-SSS Program973-748-9000 ext. 1262TRIO SSS Office Manager/Academic Coach973-748-9000 ext. 1167Adjunct Lecturer, TRIO SSS Senior Academic Coach
- Contact Us
Please contact the Bloomfield College TRIO Student Support Services for more information.TRIO SSS
Learning Resource Center, Room 107
Phone: 973-748-9000, ext. 1170
Learning Resource Center, Room 107
467 Franklin Street
Bloomfield, NJ 07003
Follow TRIO SSS on social media:
Please click here to donate to TRIO SSS.
- Events Calendar