Our Mission: The mission of the College Registrar is to provide the Bloomfield College community with high quality services related to academic programs, registration, advising, records, and graduation. We are committed to ensuring the integrity of academic records, maintaining the integrity of its institutional and educational records, enforcing policies and facilitating a culture that preserves the values and mission of Bloomfield College.
Our core functions are to serve as the College’s central service and academic support unit to:
- Collect and record student and instructional academic program information, including conducting and managing processes related to registration (e.g. class rosters, course offerings, grades, registration, scheduling, verifications)
- Coordinate and produce official enrollment and academic certification from academic records (e.g. transcripts/verifications, student-athlete and veteran certifications)
- Provide support for determining academic eligibility and academic progress (e.g. degree audits, suspensions, dismissals and probations, commencement certification)
- Evaluate and process transfer credit for incoming undergraduate students
- Provide data services to collect, process and provide access to information in support academic advising, instruction, and institutional decision-making
- Officially respond to requests for information about students and programs, and serve as the official manager for access to and release of student academic and educational information (e.g. requests for information about individual and groups of students, including all issues related to FERPA).
Students must officially enroll for each course taken. Registration is conducted in the fall for spring and summer courses and in the spring for fall courses.
Meet with an academic advisor/coaching counselor each semester to complete a first year, sophomore, or junior check
Discuss the registration process (priority registration dates and necessary steps to register) with an academic advisor/coaching counselor during the check
Registering online via Student Planner during the appropriate dates
Completion of all financial obligations with the Office of Student Financial Services.
It is the students' responsibility to be registered for classes and cleared through the Office of Student Financial Services. Students who attend classes and who are not properly registered and cleared will not be reinstated into the class and will not receive credit.
No change of program will be permitted after the end of the second week of classes.
The Office of Advising/Coaching is located in the Center for Student Success
The Registrar's Office is located at 467 Franklin Street, Knox Hall, 1st Floor.
Fax: 973 748 2767