The Center for Student Success' focus is the retention, graduation, and employability of Bloomfield College students through collaborative academic support services. Located on the main quad, the Center for Student Success, CSS, comprises three grant-funded programs, three college departments and supports all other student support, grant-funded programs. Bloomfield College students have access to a team of professionals trained to provide academic assistance across the spectrum of needs for increased student success.
The purpose of CSS is:
- To be an accessible academic support entity that fosters student engagement in diverse student success programming.
- To provide current resources, strategies, and tools to faculty, staff and students to support student success efforts.
- To be an information hub and resource for the college campus on the practices, models and frameworks that foster student success in higher education.
- To uniform best, high impact practices across campus.
Academic support coaching guides students to take ownership of their academic careers. Students and their academic support coach work together to determine long-term and short-term goals that will help students academically succeed so they can persist and graduate from Bloomfield College.
The Center for Student Success has Academic Success Coaches embedded in each department and grant-funded program. Our Academic Success Coaches are equipped with current coaching models, resources, and tools to help Bloomfield College students in the following areas:
Academic Coaching Outcomes
- CSS Academic Coaches will assist students with developing goals for success by utilizing Bloomfield College coaching best practices.
- Students will identify areas of strength and challenges to academic and personal responsibilities.
- Students will develop academic and personal skills to increase self-efficacy.
- Students will demonstrate the ability to apply learned strategies to navigate their journey at Bloomfield College.
You can make an appointment with an Academic Success Coach through Starfish.
Academic Support Coaching sessions are being offered in-person and virtually.
- Locate Starfish under My Resources in your myBloomfield Portal
- Under my Success Network, select Academic Support Coaching
- Select Academic Support Coach to schedule an appointment
- Bloomfield Information
- Exam Prep
- Goal Setting
- Learning Assessment
- Study Skills
- Time Management
CALENDAR OF EVENTS
Click below for academic student support and student leadership activities and events sponsored by CSS and CSLE.
The Center for Student Success Supports Bloomfield College's High Impact Practices:
ePortfolio Capstone Courses & Projects First Year Seminar
Common Intellectual Experience(General Education Requirements)
Learning Communities Writing Intensive Courses
Collaborative Assignments & Projects Undergraduate Research
Diversity & Global Learning Service Learning/ Community Based Learning