In collaboration with Fostering Student Success Program
The Office of International Education and Fostering Student Success Program jointly offer the International Buddy Program to facilitate international students' smooth transition and integration to campus community as well as promote cross-cultural relationships amongst all the students. New international students are paired with current Bloomfield College students and they meet periodically, share cultural perspectives, provide peer support, engage in campus activities, and build long-lasting friendships.
Goals of the Program
- To establish a peer support network between international students and domestic students on BC campus.
- To foster intercultural exchange, diversity & cultural awareness, and global engagement across the campus.
- To enhance student engagement beyond the classroom.
- To provide mentorship and friendship-building opportunities through peer interactions and relationships.
Minimum Requirements for Buddies
- Attend a mandatory orientation at the beginning of the semester.
- Participate in International Buddy Program activities/events (mostly once a month)
- Contact each other via email at least once a week.
- Meet in person with each other at least three times per semester.
- Complete a brief evaluation at the end of the semester.