In case of a mental health emergency, what do you do?
During counselors' office hours (Monday-Friday 8:30 am-4:30 pm), contact our office:
- 973-748-9000 Extensions: 1403, 1302, and/or 1360
- Visit us on the Second Floor of Talbott Hall
During evenings and weekends, contact the following:
- Call 911 if there is imminent danger
- Psychiatric Emergency Screening Services at Clara Maass Medical Center: 973-844-4357 (this is a 24/7 mobile screening service that will come to campus to screen)
- NJ Hopeline: this is New Jersey’s 24/7 FREE/ANONYMOUS Peer Support & Suicide Prevention Hotline.
- 1-855-NJ-HOPELINE (1-855-654-6735) http://www.njhopeline.com/
- Crisis Text Line; this is a 24/7 texting services that is FREE/ANONYMOUS and can serve as a resource for anyone who prefers to text rather than talk. Text “Go” to 741-741
- Suicide Prevention Lifeline: this is a 24/7 calling service that is FREE/ANONYMOUS for anyone who may have suicidal thoughts. 1-800-273-TALK (8255) http://www.
For Campus Related Emergencies:
BC Security (toll free) 1-800-809-2222; 973-748-9000 ext. 1366
To schedule a non-emergency Personal Counseling appointment:
Give us a call: 973-748-9000 Ext 1403 or 1302
Or Email: personal_counseling@
***DO NOT USE E-MAIL OR VOICE MAIL IN AN EMERGENCY SITUATION***