Emotional Health Forms and Resources
Looking for additional information about mental health and overall wellness? Then you've come to the right place!
We've compiled a list of important off-campus services and web resources. If you do not see the services in which you are interested or services that are convenient for you, please contact the Office of Personal Counseling and we will be happy to assist you with additional referrals. For free pamphlets on various mental health concerns, The Wellness Center and its pamphlet racks are in the Student Center, Talbott Hall, 2nd floor..
Off-Campus Mental Health Resources & Referrals
Psychiatric Emergency Screening Services
Clara Maass Medical Center – Hotline (24/7)
Mobile Crisis: 973-844-4357
NJ Hopeline: this is New Jersey’s 24/7 FREE/ANONYMOUS Peer Support & Suicide Prevention Hotline.
1-855-NJ-HOPELINE (1-855-654-6735) http://www.njhopeline.com/
Crisis Text Line; this is a 24/7 texting services that is FREE/ANONYMOUS and can serve as a resource for anyone who prefers to text rather than talk. Text “Go” to 741-741
Suicide Prevention Lifeline: this is a 24/7 calling service that is FREE/ANONYMOUS for anyone who may have suicidal thoughts. 1-800-273-TALK (8255) http://www.
Ulifeline: this offers FREE/ANONYMOUS screening for students on-line and provides direct links to resources and hotlines. http://www.ulifeline.org/
Inter County Council on Drug/Alcohol Abuse Administration
Addictions Hotline of NJ (24/7)
New Jersey AA Intergroup
211 Crisis Talk Line and Info/Referral Service (24/7)
211 or (800)435-7555
Community Resources (Housing and Other Basic Needs)
- Safe House -- shelter, counseling, housing and legal advocacy: (973) 759-2154 or https://www.hud.gov/states/
- The Partnership for Prescription Assistance (Free or low cost prescriptions): 888-477-2669
- Needy Meds (Broad range financial assistance program): http://www.needymeds.org/
- Essex County Family Violence Program: (973) 484-4446
- Domestic Violence Services for Men who Batter: (973) 982-6100
- NCJW Center for Women: (973) 994-4994:
- NJ Coalition for Battered Women Helpline: (609) 584-8107
- The State of NJ Domestic Violence Hotline: (800) 572-7233
Mental Health: Self Assessments, Support Groups, Advocacy & FAQs
- Balancing Student Stress: http://www.
- American Psychological Association: http://www.apa.org/
- Mental Help Net: http://www.mentalhelp.net/
- Internet Mental Health: https://mentalhealth.gov/
- Depression and Bipolar Support Alliance: http://www.dbsalliance.org/
- Go Ask Alice: http://goaskalice.columbia.
- ULifeline: http://www.ulifeline.org/
- The JED Foundation: http://www.jedfoundation.org/
- NAMI: http://www.naminj.org/
- Relaxation Exercises and Free meditation downloads: http://www.
- The Unabridged Student Counseling Virtual Pamphlet Collection: http://www.dr-bob.org/vpc/
- Mesothelioma Group http://www.