The Center for Career Development, your PARTNER in the recruitment and workforce development process!
We are dedicated to preparing students for careers through a variety of programs and services, including individual career counseling, educational career development workshops and programs, and career-related experiences. Our goal is to prepare students to begin their careers on a sound basis and acquire the tools necessary to manage their careers throughout their professional lives.
We seek to partner with you in a variety of ways!
Post Opportunities through our Online Recruiting/Job Posting System
Our job board, BC Career Connections, is our #1 recruitment tool. Please register for this free service! You can post full-time, part-time, seasonal, internship, or volunteer positions, as well as make announcements about special programs, events, or contests you may be hosting.
To create an employer profile and post a position, click here: BC Career Connections: Employers
Posting a Job? Please refer to the following Employer Policies:
Posting an Internship? Please refer to the following guidelines:
The Center for Career Development will post internship opportunities which comply with the definition and criteria set forth by the Department of Labor and the National Association of Colleges and Employers, NACE.
- The experience must be an extension of the classroom: a learning experience that provides for applying the knowledge gained in the classroom.
- It must not be simply to advance the operations of the employer or be the work that a regular employee would routinely perform.
- The skills or knowledge learned must be transferable to other employment settings.
- The experience has a defined beginning and end, and a job description with desired qualifications.
- There are clearly defined learning objectives/goals related to the professional goals of the student’s academic coursework.
- There is supervision by a professional with expertise and educational and/or professional background in the field of the experience.
- There is routine feedback by the experienced supervisor.
- There are resources, equipment, and facilities provided by the host employer that support learning objectives/goals.
Please click on this link to read the full article published by NACE: http://www.naceweb.org/about/membership/internship/
Attend Our Spring Career, Internship, & Volunteer Expo
On March 19, 2020, the Center for Career Development, in collaboration with the Center for Student Leadership & Engagement (CSLE) hosts a Career, Internship, & Volunteer Expo. This is an excellent opportunity to recruit BC students for various positions! All employers signed up for BC Career Connections will receive invitations via email in February. Space is generally limited to a maximum of 30 employers and early registration is highly recommended!
Schedule an On-Campus Recruiting Visit
Employers can schedule fall or spring on-campus recruiting visits to interview qualified candidates for internships, part-time jobs, or full-time positions. The Center for Career Development will coordinate the collection of resumes for review, employers select the candidates they wish to meet, and The Center will schedule all interviews. Appointments are usually a half hour long. Call the Center for Career Development, 973-748-9000, ext. 1250 to schedule your visit!
Plan to Conduct an Information Session/Table or Participate in an On-Campus "Meet the Professionals" Panel
Employers can schedule an information session or information table about a company, program, or career field. If you are interested in providing information to our students by participating in a career information panel or table, please contact the Center for Career Development, 973-748-9000, ext. 1250.