Leadership Development supports a student-focused environment that enhances creative expression, motivates students and organizations to achieve goals for individual and groups, and enhances interpersonal connection with others. The department will foster collaboration among campus departments and student organizations toward the goal of presenting a comprehensive campus life program that facilitates social, educational, spiritual, cultural, cognitive, and ethical development. Highlights of our Student Leadership Development Program include:
The National Society of Leadership and Success, Bloomfield College Chapter- The National Society of Leadership & Success is an organization that helps students discover and achieve their goals. Our mission is to build leaders who make a better world! The Society offers life-changing lectures from the nation’s leading presenters and a community where like-minded, success-oriented individuals come together to help one another succeed. The Society also serves as a powerful force of good by encouraging and organizing action to better the campus, the surrounding community, and beyond. As a member of the Society you will come to find that the skills that you develop, and the resources that you have access to will benefit you as you pursue your career. From partner discounts, networking, and leadership opportunities, to scholarships, and letters of recommendation, the National Society of Leadership & Success works with your chapter advisors and executive board members to ensure that you are given the tools you need to succeed.
- The S.T.E.P. Retreat (Student Training Empowerment Project)- The S.T.E.P. retreat is an overnight experience during which a student’s leadership skills are the focus.
- The D.E.E.P. Retreat (Diversity Education Empowerment Project)- The D.E.E.P. Retreat is an overnight experience during which diversity awareness and education are the focus.
- Leaders: Emerging & Advanced Development Program (LEAD)- The LEAD Program is a workshop series designed for first and second year Bloomfield College students. The Emerging Leader track is specifically design for first year students. The Advance Leaders track is designed for second year students. Through a series of workshops, lectures, and hands-on community-based projects, students will be prepared “to attain academic, personal, and professional excellence in a multicultural and global society” with specific focus on the leadership skills needed to obtain this goal.
The Emerging Student Leaders Track (First Year Students)- Students participating in the Emerging Leaders track of the LEAD program will focus on advancing skills that were attained in high school. The focus of this track is to develop self-awareness, so that one can lead others. Through monthly workshops, the following areas are addressed:
- Planning Skills
- Critical Thinking Skills
- Communication Skills
- Organization Skills
- Self- Empowerment
- Personality Awareness
- Diversity Awareness
- Understanding of Campus Policies and Procedures
The Advanced Student Leaders Track (Second Year Students)- Students participating in the Advanced Leader track of the LEAD program will focus on developing skills acquired at Bloomfield College out into the “real world,” as well as passing what they have learned on to others. The focus of this track is to transfer acquired skills into the community and incoming student leaders. Through monthly workshops and projects, the following areas are addressed:
- Professional Ethics/Skills
- Career Mapping and Planning
- Peer Mentoring/Coaching
- Group/Team Management
- Networking Skills