New Student Orientation Engagement Experience:
Congratulations on your acceptance to Bloomfield College, the home of the B.C. Bears! Your new college family consists of fantastic faculty members, supportive staff/administrators and most importantly, our stupendous student body.
Are you ready to write your own story? We sure hope so...as YOUR 1st chapter will begin even sooner than the New Student Orientation date. The date for your new student virtual orientation is Tuesday, August 25, 2020 - check-in at 11:30 AM and the program starts at 12:00 PM.
Schedule of Events and Programs for New Students
New Student Orientation: A Virtual Engagement Experience ->
Date: Tuesday, August 25, 2020 |
Virtual Check-in at 11:30 AM & Program Starts at 12:00 PM
* Additional virtual and on-campus events to be announced on your orientation date and again on the campus move-in dates for resident students. Please check your email account and stay connected to @BC_CSLE via Twitter, Instagram and Facebook for important updates pertaining to student life at BC.
*New Student Orientation is required for both resident and commuter students.
All freshman students and transfer students are REQUIRED to attend the New Student Orientation, "Your Success Story Begins Now". This virtual engagement experience has been designed to help with your transition to college life at Bloomfield College. You will have the opportunity to find out about the programs and services offered here at the College. You will also learn about our facilities, activities, policies and our community. Moreover, you will too have the opportunity to meet and connect with Bloomfield College students, faculty, and staff.
Please be sure to RSVP and attend this and our following events on time; as we will be sharing important information that will be needed to get your semester started. Moreover, you will engage in meaningful experiences, that will best help you transition into college life and begin to write your own story at Bloomfield College.
Helpful Tips for a Successful Transition to College Life:
- Make sure you RSVP early.
- Be mindful of being on time for registration, we have a lot planned for you!
- While we love our new students' families and friends, the Orientation 2020 Experience is designed just for you. Orientation 2020, presents the opportunity for all incoming students, to meet new people and explore the college before classes begin on Monday, August 31, 2020.
- Make new friends, learn about YOUR new campus and the college's resources.
- Lastly, you will only experience YOUR 1st year Orientation once...so make the best of this time.
- Remember to have fun!
If you have any questions regarding the New Student Orientation Engagement Experience, please contact, Terrance L. Bankston, M.S.S., the Coordinator for Service Learning & First Year Experience, for the Center for Student Leadership and Engagement (CSLE) at 973-748-9000 ext. 1300 or email: Student_ Orientation@bloomfield.edu.