Immigration Requirements for Accepted Students

In order to study in the U.S., international students must be under F-1 status and enter the U.S. with an F-1 Student Visa (Canadian citizens are not required to have a visa). In addition, Bloomfield College is required by the Department of Homeland Security to determine that international applicants have sufficient financial resources to cover their expenses while studying in the U.S.

To receive your Certificate of Eligibility for NON-Immigrant Student Status, or more commonly known as the Form I-20, you must be accepted to Bloomfield College and submit all of the Form I-20 requirements listed below:

Completed applications and admission requirements should be returned to the Office of Enrollment Management & Admission. Feel free to send us your application materials   Email is preferred.

By Mail:

Bloomfield College
Office of Admission
One Park Place
Bloomfield, NJ 07003


By Fax: 973-748-0916
By Email:
By Phone: 973-748-9000 ext. 1230


Once you have obtained your Form I-20, From Bloomfield College you will:


  • Visit the U.S. Immigration and & Customs Enforcement website for important next steps.
  • Pay your I-901 SEVIS (Student and Exchange Visitor Information System) fee, mandated by the U.S. Department of Homeland Security.
  • Apply for a visa at a U.S. embassy or consulate.
  • Prepare for your arrival in the U.S. and plan to attend Bloomfield Colleges' International Student Orientation.