Summer 2023 Financial Aid
More information on summer course offering will be available soon.
If you have questions about your Summer 2023 financial aid or to confirm your grant eligibility, please contact us at financial_services@
Summer Pell Grant:
In Summer 2023, Pell Grant eligible students can receive an additional Pell award each year. If you were a Pell-eligible student in Fall 2022 and/or Spring 2023, you may qualify for a Pell Grant for Summer 2023!
Eligibility for summer Pell:
- Valid 2022-2023 FAFSA
- Be Pell Grant eligible
- Enroll in summer classes
- In most cases, there is a requirement to enroll at least half-time (2+ course units)
- Must be making Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP)
- Have lifetime Pell Grant eligibility remaining: You can check for your remaining eligibility level online by logging on to NSLDS using your FSA ID. View your Lifetime Eligibility Units (LEU) on the Financial Aid Review page.
- If you enrolled full-time (4 course units) and received the full-time Pell grant amount for Fall 2022 and Spring 2023, you must enroll at least half-time (2 course units) in summer classes to receive a summer Pell Grant.
- If you enrolled part-time Fall 2022 or Spring 2023, there is no minimum credit requirement to receive a summer Pell grant (unless required by your EFC). You can use the remainder of your annual Pell Grant amount during summer with no minimum credit requirement.
Pell Grant Amount Depends on Enrollment
- 3.0 course units: up to 100% of the semester Pell Grant amount
- 2.5 course units: up to 75% of the semester Pell Grant amount
- 1.5 to 2.0 course units: up to 50% of the semester Pell Grant amount
- 0.5 to 1.0 course units: up to 25% of the semester Pell Grant amount
Please contact the office of Student Financial Services to confirm grant eligibility.