Adult Students bring with them life and career experience; they offer a voice unrepresented by any other student population. It makes them critically important to the community, the classroom, and to their fellow students. It is never too late to make a life change and we, here at Bloomfield College, are overjoyed to be a part of this step.
An Adult Student is one that is 25 years of age or above at the start of their first term. This includes first-time freshmen that have acquired a high school diploma or GED. Adult students who have previously attended college are considered transfer applicants and should follow the admission procedure at Admission Process - Transfer Student.
Adult students who are planning to attend college for the first time must submit/schedule the following with the Office of Admission:
- An application for admission, accompanied by an application fee of $40, payable to Bloomfield College.
- An official transcript of the high school record, to be mailed directly to the College by the high school, or a copy of the high school, or a copy of the high school equivalency diploma (GED) certificate.
- Must schedule an interview with an Admission Counselor
- Must schedule an appointment with an Admission Counselor for an on-site writing sample
Applicants should feel free to address questions to the Office of Admission at any time (email: email@example.com). All candidates are encouraged to visit the College for a personal interview and tour of the campus. You can review the frequently asked questions below, too.
|What course load qualifies as full-time?||Three 4-credit course units.|
|What is the tuition cost?||$3,085 per 4-credit course.|
|Are there additional charges?||• $150 Comprehensive fee per term for Evening and Weekend students;
• Lab fees where appropriate;
• $40 deferment fee for payment plan, or company reimbursement;
• $100 parking decal.
|How can I pay for courses?||• Apply for and receive financial aid (i.e. grants, loans);
• Arrange a payment plan with Student Financial Services;
• Corporate reimbursement (contact Student Financial Services for details Ext. 1212);
• Pay in full using cash, credit cards, checks, money orders (no debit cards).
|Who will advise me about course selections?||Each student is assigned an advisor either in the Center for Adult Learning or a full-time faculty member.|
|Does Bloomfield College have career advisement?||Yes there is a Career Development Department that can help you search for employment online, prepare your resume, and prepare for an interview. They are available for appointments in the evening and on weekends.|
|Is there tutoring available?||The Center for Academic Development provides study groups & individual peer or faculty tutoring. This office is open Monday through Friday until 9:00 p.m. and Saturday 10:30-2:30. You may call for specific appointments.|
|Is there ample parking?||There is on-street parking and two on-campus parking lots that require the purchase of a decal.|
|Are the Library and service offices open evening and weekends?||The Library is open 7:30a.m.-11:30 p.m. Monday -Friday; 7:30a.m.-7:00p.m. Saturday; 4:00p.m.-11:00p.m. Sunday.
The Bookstore, Financial Aid, and the Student Financial Services Office are open Monday and Thursday 8:30 a.m. – 7:00 p.m.; Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday 8:30a.m. – 4:30 p.m.; First Saturday of every month 9:00a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
|When is the Admission Office open?||8:30a.m.-8:00p.m. Monday - Thursday