The OSD supports an environment focused on reducing the burden students take on to gain equal access to curricular and co-curricular activities. As a result, students registered with the OSD will:
- improve their understanding of their rights to equal access related to their intersection with all elements of the College.
- understand all of the ways the OSD can support their access (e.g., educational programming, course accessibility letters, accommodated testing, collaboration with faculty, etc.).
- understand the role of the OSD in facilitating implementation of accommodations through engagement with the OSD versus direct negotiation with faculty.
- succeed at rates similar to or better than their nondisabled peers utilizing institutional measures.
- be able to identify and locate College resources.
- be able to list their accommodations and know their responsibilities related to their accommodations.