The Center’s mandate is to provide a transformative experience for students in preparation for their career and internship marketability by offering a full complement of services including, but not limited to, resume preparation, interview training, and career information/readiness forums, industry/cross-functional panels, and networking opportunities. This integrative approach will provide structure, while grooming students to build self-confidence in managing their job search and expectations, and to set reasonable/achievable goals.
Additionally, the Center is responsive to both student career preparation and development needs and evolving market trends. Further, the Center will implement effective data collection and analysis, and continue to explore reporting systems that demonstrate career-related outcomes.
The department is a full-service operation providing individual counseling, career advising programming and workshops as follows:
- Mock interviews
- Resume and cover letter development
- Professional shadowing and informational meetings
- Job search strategies
- Traditional on and off-campus interview programs
- Job creation initiatives: Corporate Outreach
- Practice Area Panels: career forums where employers and alumni interact with students
- Mentoring programming: alumni initiative
- Partnerships with faculty to create opportunities for both career planning and company presentations in the classroom