Are masks required in classrooms?
All faculty, staff and students in indoor classroom, office, and laboratory environments, must wear a mask. Surplus masks will be provided through the Security Office should anyone arrive at a building or classroom without a mask or should a mask break.
Can we ask about the vaccination status of students, or colleagues?
- No. Faculty and staff cannot ask about the vaccination status of students or of fellow co-workers.
- Should any questions arise about the vaccination status of a student or colleague, please direct those to Student Affairs, Human Resources or to your supervisor.
For in-person courses, how do we enforce mask requirements in classrooms?
All course syllabi will include a COVID-19 statement for students regarding mask requirements and enforcement, and the Student Code of Conduct policy provided in the College Catalog details these requirements and consequences for non-compliance. Surplus masks will be provided through the Security Office should anyone arrive at a building or classroom without a mask or should a mask break.
Do we have to make accommodations for students who do not attend class (in-person or online?)
All faculty should have a clear attendance policy in their course syllabus, which details attendance and make-up policies. If a student does not meet attendance policy requirements for an excused absence, accommodations do not have to be provided for the student. COVID-19 related illness with documentation must be considered as a medical absence and appropriate accommodations provided as determined by the faculty members.
How will you ensure high-touch areas and shared surfaces in classrooms are cleaned and sanitized after every use?
In addition to increased daily cleaning and sanitization of classrooms:
- Students and faculty will be required to clean and sanitize working areas (e.g., desks, tables, benchtop spaces, etc.) prior to leaving a classroom or lab.
- Students and faculty entering a classroom or lab will be required to clean and sanitize working areas.
- Additional measures may be required in specialized classroom or laboratory environments as specified by the supervising instructor.
What is the institution's plan for study abroad programs, domestic and international travel?
Bloomfield College has suspended all study abroad experiences, and faculty-led courses abroad for 2021-20, unless approved by the Office of Academic Affairs.
Currently, there are no restrictions on faculty and staff travel, but conditions may change based on CDC, Department of State, and New Jersey State guidance.
Will meetings be held in person?
On July 6th, the College returned to on-campus work. Staff requested exemptions are required to complete an approved Remote Work Plan with their supervisor. Virtual meeting options should be considered when scheduling meetings to facilitate attendance at events and essential meetings.