To apply for an employment opportunity at Bloomfield College, all applicants should reply to person or office indicated at:
467 Franklin Street
Bloomfield, NJ 07003
Fax: (973) 743-3998 (unless otherwise indicated in specific job posting)
Email: Not all search committees accept emailed resumes, but where an email address is not given, you can often contact the person listed by using the format: email@example.com The Webmaster can in no case accept emailed resumes. They should be sent to the contact listed in the job description.
Residential Education & Housing
DIVISION OF STUDENT AFFAIRS
Bloomfield College, a 152-year old liberal arts college of nearly 2000 students is committed to preparing students to attain academic, personal and professional excellence in a multicultural and global society.
The College seeks a part-time, experienced, motivated and talented professional for the position of Resident Area Coordinator (RAC) for the Office of Residential Education & Housing (REH). Reporting directly to the Director for the Office of Residential Education & Housing, the Resident Area Coordinator will support REH in its mission to educate and support students and enhance their living, learning and engagement experiences. The Resident Area Coordinator hires, trains, supervises and evaluates Resident Advisors, facilitates staff/team meetings, oversees and facilitates programming and engagement initiatives/special projects, responds to emergencies, student of concerns, contributes to life-coaching and students’ holistic wellness, educates and upholds College procedures/policies and violations of the Student Code of Conduct. The Resident Area Coordinator will collaborate greatly with the Offices of Campus Security, Buildings and Grounds/Maintenance, Food Service, Center for Student Leadership and Engagement, Admission, Athletics, Center for Student Success and other campus-wide departments to assist in the overall experience and success of the residential student population. The Resident Area Coordinator will serve as a champion for student persistence, success and retention. The Resident Area Coordinator will also serve on committees such as the Care Team, Emergency Response Planning Team, New Student/Parent Orientation and the Strategic Intervention Team.
The Part-time Resident Area Coordinator will participate in the on-call duty rotation during evenings, weekends and holidays. This is a 10 month with 12-months live-on accommodations which requires day, evening and weekend responsibilities. The Resident Area Coordinator is required to hold twenty-five REH Office hours over a five day work week within the office hours of 9:00am-6:00pm.
Additional information on the scope of the position can be found at:
• Bachelor’s Degree
• Enrollment in a graduate program (preferred)
• Available to work 25 office hours per week
• Ability to work with a diverse student/staff population
• Prior experience in Residence Life/Student Affairs (preferred)
• Investment and engagement in campus community and culture
• Partnerships and campus-wide collaborations
• Strong written/oral communication, interpersonal and leadership skills
• Ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks and projects
Send resume, cover letter and at least 3 names, addresses and telephone numbers of professional references via email only to:
Administrative Assistant for the Vice President and Assistant Vice President
Office of Student Affairs
208 Liberty Street
Bloomfield, NJ 07003
Applications must be received by July 12, 2020
Position remains open until filled
Bloomfield College seeks a full time experienced maintenance department person. Carpentry, painting, plumbing, electrical, and bldg. trade skills required, HVAC and boiler knowledge a plus. A clean driver’s license and reliable transportation are required and we request background checks. Health, dental, and tuition benefits available. Hours: Mon.-Fri. 8:00am-4:30pm
No phone calls
All resumes should be sent to:
Attn: Carol Contella
Mail: Bloomfield College
467 Franklin St.
Bloomfield, NJ 07003
Praxis Core/ Praxis II Early Childhood & Elementary/ GRE& GMAT
The Center for Innovation in Teaching to Enhance Learning (CITEL) at Bloomfield College is seeking part-time Test Prep instructors. Instructors need to be available for evening and Saturday hours.
Candidates must have strong academic skills in either quantitative or verbal areas.
Preferred majors/degrees include: Mathematics, Math Education, Statistics, English, English Education, Literature, and/or History (Mathematics and Science Majors preferred)
• Minimum M.A./M.S. degree required.
• Teaching, tutoring or mentoring experience preferred.
• Knows how to make workshops interactive and engaging.
• Strong collaborative and interpersonal skills.
• Knowledge of email and Microsoft Word.
• Respectful of visitors’ knowledge, ideas, and needs.
• Reliable, professional, and prompt.
• Must have reliable transportation.
• Must be able to commit to all workshop dates
All candidates will have to take and pass a practice exam in the content they wish to teach.
Please send a brief cover letter and resume via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls or hard copy submissions, please.
The Center for Innovation in Teaching to Enhance Learning (CITEL) at Bloomfield College is a student-oriented, academic support center with the mission of educating, coaching, and empowering our students to achieve their academic goals. CITEL works collaboratively with faculty and staff to help students become independent scholars.
CITEL services include a Tutoring Center and Writing Center, Testing and Test Preparation, Academic Support Counseling, Graduate Preparation, a Group Study Hub and the Office of Adult Education.
Intern Academic Support Coach
Implementation of Life Management Plans
• Work one-on-one with vulnerable students
• Establish rapport with students and learn their individual stories, needs, and interests
• Help students identify barriers to success
• Implement person-centered, life management plans for students
• Use positive communication strategies to motivate students to reach their goals
• Use a variety of strategies to assist students in dealing effectively with and understanding their own challenges and how they can make changes in order to meet their goals
• Teach students how to advocate for themselves (with faculty etc.)
Collaboration and Participation
• Meet regularly with the ASC team to collaborate about life management time, student updates, and other important information
• Meet and collaborate as needed about specific student progress
• Communicate regularly with the Director of CITEL to plan feedback in order to ensure quality, effective planning
• Monitor, evaluate and collect data on student progress and targeted skills
• Record data consistently and accurately according to specific guidelines
Working towards an M.A. in Higher Education Leadership, Educational Technology, or Education is desirable. Must have experience with veterans, adult students, a diverse student population, be conversant with education-related technologies, and be a team player with capacity for innovation.
Please send a cover letter, resume and three references via email to email@example.com. No phone calls or hard copy submissions, please.
The ESL instructors are part-time positions within the American Language Center at the Office of International Training and Professional Studies (ITPS) at Bloomfield College. Maximum 29 hours of teaching per week. Our ESL program offers small classes with customized instruction. There are 6 ESL levels and classes run for 8 week sessions year-round. We offer an integrated teaching approach in our program. We have daytime/evening sessions.
· Classroom management
· Utilizing appropriate standardized ESL curriculum, incorporating a variety of materials and teaching techniques to enhance student learning and outcomes, and to maintain student interest
· Planning, preparing and delivering lessons to a range of classes and age groups
· Preparing and setting tests, examination papers, and exercises
· Marking and providing appropriate feedback on oral and written work
· Maintaining cooperative relationships and open communication with all staff and students
· Assisting students with improving proficiencies in basic skills
· Maintaining confidentiality of student records, personal information and organizational information at all times
· Counseling individual students on academic progress
· Participating in marketing and cultural events for the language school
· Organizing and getting involved in social and cultural activities
· Basic administration, such as keeping student progress and attendance records
· MA in related field plus 2 years’ experience teaching/teaching certificate from any state/or TEFL/TESOL certification
· Speaker of English
· Strong communication and interpersonal skills
· Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks
· Keen attention to detail
· Ability to provide effective follow-up on individual activities in a fast-paced, multi-tasking environment
· Strong time management and organizational skills; demonstrated ability to work well independently and in teams
· Track record of being able to produce work in a timely manner with flexibility when necessary to adapt to changing work conditions
· Experience with international students or educational exchange programming.
Competitive hourly salary commensurate with experience To apply please send cover letter, resume, and references to Soyun Park, Assistant Director of International Marketing and Operations at firstname.lastname@example.org
Bloomfield College is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.