To apply for an employment opportunity at Bloomfield College, all applicants should reply to person or office indicated in listing:
All applications should be submitted electronically (preferably in PDF format) to the contact email address listed in the position description. The Webmaster can in no case accept emailed resumes.
All faculty applications should include:
- Letter of Application
- Curriculum vitae
- Three letters of recommendation (with contact information)
- Official graduate transcript (required if selected for interview)
The Division of Natural Science and Mathematics at Bloomfield College invites applications for an Interim Instructor position of Mathematics for the 2020-2021 academic year. The successful candidate will teach at all levels of the curriculum to a diverse student body, with a 3/3 teaching load, and will be expected to contribute to the teaching of core courses onsite, online, and hybrid in our Mathematics Program, including Statistics, Calculus II/III, Discrete Mathematics, and Geometry and to the coordination of the freshman mathematics program.
Applicants should have earned at least an MA or MS in Mathematics with an extensive background in Computer Science and Statistics. Interested candidates should submit electronically (PDF format preferred) a cover letter, a CV, a statement of teaching philosophy and three confidential letters of recommendation with contact information (submitted directly from the person writing the letter) to Dorothy Zahran at dorothy_Zaharan@bloomfield.edu. Official graduate transcripts will be required of applicants accepted for an interview. All application materials must be submitted by July 15, 2020.
- Ph.D. or other terminal degree required.
- Master’s Degree in Nursing if Ph.D. is not in Nursing.
- An unencumbered NJ State Registered Nursing license or ability to be granted same by date of hire.
- Experience and qualifications appropriate for the rank of Associate or Full Professor.
- Experience participating in or leading an accreditation process.
- General knowledge of legal regulations of NJSBON.
- A history of successful leadership and strength in team building.
- Characteristics of initiative, creativity, organization, attention to detail, excellent written and verbal communication skills, and an openness to new ideas.
- A commitment to diversity, access and inclusion, high standards for academic excellence, and student, faculty, and program success.
- Preparation for teaching learning theory, teaching methods, curriculum development, and curriculum evaluation, or two years of teaching experience in nursing education that demonstrates this type of preparation.
Typical Duties include:
- Budget: Develop, monitor and manage Nursing program budget.
- Hiring/Staffing: Responsible for staffing courses, overseeing recruiting and hiring of nursing faculty.
- Assessment/Supervision of Faculty: Observes and evaluates nursing faculty in their teaching in accordance with the schedule and manner dictated by the faculty contract. Supervise faculty in instruction, advising and administrative duties for which they are receiving stipends or reassigned time in accordance with faculty contract.
- Attends and represents the views of Nursing faculty on administrative committees.
- Keeps current on standards for evaluation of nursing programs in New Jersey State Board of Nursing (NJSBON) and with the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE) requirements.
- Faculty recruitment, development and evaluation in all aspects of the program.
- Diversity and Cultural Competencies: Advances the College's commitment to diversity and building cultural competencies through monitoring, assessment and management of admissions policies and practices and through curriculum development.
Applicants must electronically submit (PDF format preferred) a letter of application, curriculum vitae, and three letters of recommendation with contact information (submitted directly from the person writing the letter) to email@example.com. Official graduate transcripts will be required of applicants accepted for an interview. (Electronic submissions only, no phone calls please). Application deadline is Friday, May 1, 2020.
The vision of the Frances M. McLaughlin Division of Nursing: “creating healthier communities through education and professional practice.”
Bloomfield College is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.