To apply for an employment opportunity at Bloomfield College, all applicants should reply to person or office indicated at:
467 Franklin Street
Bloomfield, NJ 07003
Fax: (973) 743-3998 (unless otherwise indicated in specific job posting)
Email: Not all search committees accept emailed resumes, but where an email address is not given, you can often contact the person listed by using the format: firstname.lastname@example.org The Webmaster can in no case accept emailed resumes. They should be sent to the contact listed in the job description.
The Student Employment Coordinator and Financial Aid Representative reports to the Director of Financial Aid. The
Student Employment Coordinator will also advise students on the financial aid process and their aid eligibility. The
primary goal of this position is to provide timely and accurate financial aid information to eligible students while
managing and overseeing the day-to-day operation of the Federal Work Study (FWS) and Student Employment (SE)
programs. This will involve maintaining job descriptions, pay rates, job placement, etc. The Student Employment
Coordinator and Financial Aid Representative will also be responsible for communicating with supervisors (both on and
off campus), Human Resources and students.
• Independently coordinates the FWS and the Bloomfield College SE Programs according to required federal and
state, statutes and regulations. Independently manages the implementation, critical and direct oversight, and
regulatory processes associated with the programs;
• Establishes strategies for the effective delivery of program aid awards to students to support institutional
retention and recruitment goals;
• Coordinates the assessment activities for the FWS and SE programs including setting goals and priorities,
clarifying policy, and developing internal control procedures;
• Reconciles FWS & SE files, awards, payroll records, and funding for on- and off-campus positions to ensure
institutional compliance and to demonstrate administrative capability as required by regulations;
• Collaborates with
o Payroll Office to ensure students payroll sources are properly coded and that funds are appropriately
disbursed and that payments are recorded within the federal regulations required for the distribution of
o Center for Career Planning to ensure the students are properly coded in the system to view availability
of FWS & SE positions;
o Local organizations to incorporate the required community service and tutoring components into the
program to ensure continued institutional eligibility and participation of the program;
• Assists department supervisors with preparing positions and determining student budgets; notifies department
supervisors and students of eligibility; advises students of employment rights and obligations;
• Completes outreach and education on the College campus regarding the FWS & SE Program and liaises with
Career Services and other departments to place students in work study positions. This includes, but is not
limited to the placement of students, payroll, and reconciliation of the FWS & SE accounts. Responsible for
providing employer and student FWS & SE info sessions, as needed.
• Represents the Financial Aid Office at Open Houses, Admitted Freshman Day, various off-campus outreach
initiatives and programs such as College Fairs, High School Nights, FAFSA Workshops, etc. to include public
speaking, panel discussions, and question/answer sessions and other events as needed;
• Develop and manage a Financial Literacy Program designed to educate various target groups on financial topics
such as paying for college, applying for scholarships, resources beyond the Free Application for Federal Student
Aid (FAFSA), student loan repayment and general money management. Outreach will be performed in both the
local community to high school students and on campus to current BC students;
• Provides information regarding all of the procedures and requirements of a financial aid program and the
application process. Must be capable of making an accurate assessment and evaluation of a person’s application
status and financial need determination and effectively communicates this information while meeting the
privacy guidelines within FERPA regulations;
• A variety of student circumstances may present themselves, so the Student Employment Coordinator must
possess the ability to respond and communicate effectively while multi-tasking between processing tasks;
additionally they must develop and maintain a very positive and professional customer service and/or relations
within the office/department and with all constituencies to include students, faculty, staff, guests, and
employees; treats everyone with dignity and respect and routinely goes the extra mile in providing service;
• Evening and weekend hours as required;
• Other duties and special projects as assigned.
Qualifications Required: The ideal candidate will have
• A minimum of 3 years of experience in financial aid, experience in interpreting federal and state financial aid
rules and regulations; in managing and administering financial aid programs in a higher education environment;
in processing financial aid requests and eligibility determination; financial aid compliance; in working under the
guidance of Family Education Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) rules and regulations when handling education
• Strong customer service and human relation skills: Demonstrated experience in dealing with difficult situations
and diffusing customer conflict; strong interpersonal relations skills; demonstrated ability to work harmoniously
with a wide range of people, especially students and parents, and counsel effectively; develop rapport;
sensitivity; listening skills; provide support for others; administrative and interpersonal communications skills;
excellent oral and written communication skills; strong commitment to customer satisfactions.
• Strong problem solving, critical thinking, organization and computer skills: ability to partner with others across
the College and externally to exchange information, collaborate on projects, share resources; initiate new ideas;
handle details; decision making; manage conflict; implement decisions; manage time; meet goals, accept
responsibility. Have the ability to use and understand complex computer software programs. Ability to adapt to
change and to learn about and integrate specialized and/or upgraded software packages utilized by the College,
Microsoft Office Professional Suite, and Google mail and calendaring programs.
• The ideal candidate will have a Bachelor’s degree or an equivalent combination of post-secondary education and
experience in an office environment.
• Experience with the FWS Program and student employment.
• Demonstrated ability to address the essential functions associated with this position including the knowledge
and abilities identified above – including knowledge of COD, FSA, and other financial aid portals.
• Technical fluency with Ellucian’s Colleague or equivalent information system.
If you’re interested in this opportunity, please submit your cover letter (include salary requirements), resume, and three professional references as Microsoft Word or Adobe Acrobat attachments to: email@example.com with the subject line, “Student Employment Coordinator”. Only application materials emailed to this address will be considered. Application materials submitted on paper will not be reviewed.
THE COLLEGE RESERVES THE RIGHT TO CHANGE, ADD, OR REASSIGN JOB DUTIES OR COMBINE POSITIONS, OR PORTIONS THEREOF, AT ANYTIME. THIS JOB DESCRIPTION IS NOT AN EMPLOYMENT AGREEMENT OR CONTRACT.
Bloomfield College is an affirmative action, equal-opportunity employer. The College is committed to achieving excellence through a diverse workplace and inclusive culture that encourages all people to reach their full potential. The College encourages applications and/or nominations of women, persons of color, veterans, and persons with disabilities.