Interviewing is a skill that requires practice and the ability to think on your feet in a pressured situation.
The Center for Career Development offers interview training in a variety of ways:
- Workshops on topics such as the STAR Technique and the 60 Second Elevator Speech
- Handouts on the interview process and frequently asked questions
- Information and links to articles and websites in the on-line BC Career Connections Resource Library
- Practice interviews with career counselors and employers
- The Perfect Interview on-line simulated interview system.
Perfect Interview™ is an innovative learning tool that you can use to enhance your job interviewing skills and develop an edge over the competition. Perfect Interview™ creates a compelling and realistic "simulated interview" experience where you are asked challenging questions and must respond, just as you would in a real job interview. You can repeat each question as often as you like, and you can even see examples of how someone else might answer. And, if you get stuck, there's a built-in Interview Coach to offer help.
You can save your practice interview and review the video with your Career Counselor for additional feedback.