Welcome to the STAR Program
SSS ★ STAR
A TRIO Student Support Services Program
The STAR Program
Learning Resource Center
Phone: 973-748-9000, ext. 1170
The Student Support Services (SSS) Grant was awarded to Bloomfield College in the 2000-2001 academic year. The program was named STAR (Students To Achieve Renown). The program fosters the attainment of academic and personal success via student centered activities and services so that each participant may successfully acquire their baccalaureate degree.
What is STAR?
The STAR Program is a TRIO federally funded project that endeavors to increase the retention and graduation rates of its participants while facilitating the process of transition from one academic level to the next. A comprehensive student support services program that provides opportunities for academic development, assists students with basic college requirements, and serves to guide and motivate students towards the successful completion of their college education. In particular, the project aims to advance objectives related to needs assessment, good academic standing, persistence and graduation.
- Academic Advising and Personal Counseling
- Mentoring and Coaching
- Instruction in Academic Foundation Courses
- Academic Skill Building & Study Skills Workshops
- Financial Literacy Workshops
- Math, English & Technology Tutorials
- Pre-Nursing Support Group
- Student-Staff Roundtables
- Career Guidance
- Participant Computer Lab
- Leadership & Cultural Enrichment Activities
- Grant Aid to Pell-Eligible Students
- Assistance in understanding and completing your FAFSA
- Graduate/Professional School Enrollment Assistance