To apply for an employment opportunity at Bloomfield College, all applicants should reply to person or office indicated at:
467 Franklin Street
Bloomfield, NJ 07003
Fax: (973) 743-3998 (unless otherwise indicated in specific job posting)
Email: Not all search committees accept emailed resumes, but where an email address is not given, you can often contact the person listed by using the format: firstname.lastname@example.org The Webmaster can in no case accept emailed resumes. They should be sent to the contact listed in the job description.
As the Coordinator, this entry-level career development position will have an important, multi-faceted role in supporting the Center's mission and will provide this individual with professional growth opportunities.
Along with serving as the initial point of contact for students and visitors and providing administrative support to the Director and professional staff, the Coordinator will:
- Communicate information about the Center's programs, services, and resources.
- Update and maintain information and statistics in Ellucian, BC Career Connections, and Excel
- Maintain a professional atmosphere, monitor the Career Research Lab, and supervise the Center’s student employees as assigned.
- Assist with the preparation of statistical reports
- Publicize and market services offered by the Center for Career Development via traditional print, website, BC Career Connections, and social networking sites including Facebook, Twitter, etc.
- Assist in coordinating Career Fairs including posting announcements, outreach to employers, maintaining Master List of attending employers, preparing evaluation forms and other materials as needed.
- Research opportunities and resources, which provide information about career options, employment trends, and related topics.
- As directed, update Center for Career Development handouts, develop creative fliers to promote programs and services, maintain events calendars, design and maintain information bulletin boards.
- Conduct introductory workshops on topics such as: BC Career Connections job posting system, finding a part-time job, and others as assigned.
- As directed, contact employers to expand opportunities, including part-time jobs, volunteer opportunities, and internships.
- Provide basic, initial assistance with job search skills and techniques such as resume and cover letter writing, job search strategies, networking and interviewing skills.
- Assist in developing and maintaining relevant content on the Career Development website and BC Career Connections.
- Develop and update lists of internship, volunteer, and full time job opportunities.
- As requested, participate/assist with weekend events, such as Orientation and Enrollment Management Open Houses.
- Use E-Procurement System to order supplies
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Preference for someone whose goal is to pursue a career as a career counselor.
- Bachelor’s degree and enrollment in Master’s degree program in Counseling preferred. (This is an ideal job for a candidate who is a recent recipient of a Master’s in Counseling degree.)
- Related experience in college career center highly desired.
- Excellent organizational, marketing, oral and written communication skills.
- Strong work ethic, ability to multi-task, and capacity to deal with interruptions while staying on task.
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Photoshop and Illustrator.
- Skilled in Social Media applications. .
- Knowledge of internet applications and systems such as Ellucian/ Colleague/ Datatel Campus Tracking, related database systems, and job posting systems such as CSO or NaceLink desirable.
Please mail or email resume, cover letter, and the names of three references to:
Director, Center for Career Development
12 Austin Place
Bloomfield, NJ 07003
No phone calls please.
Bloomfield College is seeking a CAT IT Technician, working under the CAT IT Director, must have; knowledge of graphics software and practical knowledge of video input/output techniques and technologies, demonstrated experience in a networked MAC and PC computing environment, advanced knowledge of workstations and client computers that utilize OS X and Windows operating system families and must possess the ability to install, configure and repair software and hardware on these systems. Advanced knowledge of Macintosh and Windows server operating systems through Windows 2000 family, OSX Server 10.5+, and intermediate to expert experience with enterprise versions of Linux editions is required as this person should also assist with maintenance of department servers and services including but not limited to, Active Directory set up and management, Sysprep, Open Directory set up and management, NetInstall, DNS, AFP, SMB, extensive knowledge of setting up, maintaining and troubleshooting SharePoint environment for user files, network home folders and various network and cloud accessible shares. The candidate will have a strong understanding of distributed services in a corporate network environment.
Please submit a cover letter, resume, and the contact information for three references via email to CAT_search@bloomfield.edu. Electronic submissions only.
Bloomfield College is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.