Career Opportunities: Staff
To apply for an employment opportunity at Bloomfield College, all applicants should reply to person or office indicated at:
467 Franklin Street
Bloomfield, NJ 07003
Fax: (973) 743-3998 (unless otherwise indicated in specific job posting)
Email: Not all search committees accept emailed resumes, but where an email address is not given, you can often contact the person listed by using the format: email@example.com The Webmaster can in no case accept emailed resumes. They should be sent to the contact listed in the job description.
- Responsible for identifying and counseling prospective former students
- Proactively respond to former student inquiries via phone and email
- Interview former students to determine their backgrounds, goals, and objectives
- Work with students and appropriate offices on campus to troubleshoot enrollment issues such as financial aid eligibility, campus employment, academic standing, etc.
- Assist students with the reinstatement process and work with the Director of Admission, Director of Student Financial Services, and the Registrar to promote enrollment
- Follow-up with students to provide ongoing encouragement and support
- Other duties and special projects as assigned
Open Lab Support in IT
Provide support to faculty, staff, and students in the use of technology for instruction and research purposes. Monitor and maintain technology resource uptime in classrooms, labs, and student common areas.
Hours of operation for this shift are Monday through Friday, 12:00pm to 8:00pm. Help Desk support experience and/or A+ certification preferred. Please email resumes and references to: ResumesIT@Bloomfield.edu
- Perform and monitor hardware and software setups in all classrooms, labs, and student areas.
- Create and deploy computer operating system and software images.
- Monitor status of rooms with technology for instruction.
- Identification and research of technical problems.
- Maintain inventory and exchanging of purchased and leased equipment when needed.
- Troubleshoot connectivity of all nodes on network, including desktop computers, podiums, printers, scanners, etc.
- Work with other technicians and supervise student workers.
- Assist with smart classroom maintenance, digital presentation tools, and audio/visual equipment throughout campus instructional areas.
Creative Arts and Technology IT Technician
Bloomfield College, a private institution of 2,000 students in Bloomfield, New Jersey, is searching for an IT professional for its Creative Arts & Technology academic program. This position reports to the Director of IT of the Creative Arts & Technology program and functions as a backup to that position. The successful candidate needs to have a working knowledge of graphics software, video technologies, and experience in a Mac workstation networked environment. The candidate must possess installation, configuration, and troubleshooting skills with OS-X and Windows client machines, as well as server-based client management experience.
Additional components of the position include the use of Active Directory, SysPrep, NetInstall, OpenDirectory, DNS, AFP, SMB, etc. Experience with distributed network services and SharePoint environment are desirable.
Resumes with references should be sent to the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Bloomfield College is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.