Career Opportunities: Staff
To apply for an employment opportunity at Bloomfield College, all applicants should reply to person or office indicated at:
467 Franklin Street
Bloomfield, NJ 07003
Fax: (973) 743-3998 (unless otherwise indicated in specific job posting)
Email: Not all search committees accept emailed resumes, but where an email address is not given, you can often contact the person listed by using the format: firstname.lastname@example.org The Webmaster can in no case accept emailed resumes. They should be sent to the contact listed in the job description.
Responsible for operation of the Bloomfield College Switchboard. Answer phones, transfer calls, take messages, send e-mails, complete operator logs, greet visitors, dispatch security professionals using a two-way radio, contact physical plant about maintenance issues, assist security professionals with communications and daily operations
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The following statements of duties and responsibilities are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. These statements are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities required of all personnel within this position. Actual duties, responsibilities, and frequency, may vary depending upon building assignments and other factors.
Multi-tasking by answering phones, transferring calls, relay written and verbal messages, maintain various logs of incidents and communications, maintain radio communication with security, physical plant personnel and other departments regarding emergencies, maintenance, and general inquiries related to the daily operations of the college on a constant basis. As events occur dispatch appropriate personnel and others to respond to security, emergency and maintenance problems, Inform key administrative personnel of emergency or potential emergency situations. Maintain various logs of incidents and communications, etc.
Operator is expected to be flexible with scheduling base but base schedule is as follows:
Thursday - 3:00pm to 9:00pm
Friday – 3:00pm to 9:00pm
Saturday - 8:00 to 4:00pm
Part-time - Total of 18hours per week but will not exceed 29 hours per week.
E-mail resume and 3 references to email@example.com
The Center for Innovation in Teaching to Enhance Learning (CITEL) at Bloomfield College is seeking part-time Test Prep instructors for Spring 2017. Instructors need to be available for some evening and Saturday hours. We are looking for candidates who are strong in mathematics and would be able to teach basic to advanced-level math, as well as teach test-taking strategies for standardized exams (such as SAT, GRE or TEAS).
Preferred major/degree is in Natural Science or Mathematics.
- Minimum M.S. degree required.
- Teaching, tutoring or mentoring experience preferred.
- Knows how to make workshops interactive and engaging.
- Strong collaborative and interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of email and Microsoft Word.
- Respectful of visitors’ knowledge, ideas and needs.
- Reliable, professional, and prompt.
- Must have reliable transportation.
- Must be able to commit to all workshop dates
- Must be available some evenings and weekends to teach
All candidates will have to take and pass a practice exam in the content they wish to teach.
Please send a brief cover letter and resume via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls or hard copy submissions, please.
The ESL instructors are part-time positions within the American Language Center at the Office of International Training and Professional Studies (ITPS) at Bloomfield College. Maximum 29 hours of teaching per week. Our ESL program offers small classes with customized instruction. There are 6 ESL levels and classes run for 8 week sessions year-round. We offer an integrated teaching approach in our program. We have daytime/evening sessions.
· Classroom management
· Utilizing appropriate standardized ESL curriculum, incorporating a variety of materials and teaching techniques to enhance student learning and outcomes, and to maintain student interest
· Planning, preparing and delivering lessons to a range of classes and age groups
· Preparing and setting tests, examination papers, and exercises
· Marking and providing appropriate feedback on oral and written work
· Maintaining cooperative relationships and open communication with all staff and students
· Assisting students with improving proficiencies in basic skills
· Maintaining confidentiality of student records, personal information and organizational information at all times
· Counseling individual students on academic progress
· Participating in marketing and cultural events for the language school
· Organizing and getting involved in social and cultural activities
· Basic administration, such as keeping student progress and attendance records
· MA in related field plus 2 years’ experience teaching/teaching certificate from any state/or TEFL/TESOL certification
· Native speaker of English
· Strong communication and interpersonal skills
· Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks
· Keen attention to detail
· Ability to provide effective follow-up on individual activities in a fast-paced, multi-tasking environment
· Strong time management and organizational skills; demonstrated ability to work well independently and in teams
· Track record of being able to produce work in a timely manner with flexibility when necessary to adapt to changing work conditions
· Experience with international students or educational exchange programming.
Competitive hourly salary commensurate with experience To apply please send cover letter, resume and references to Soyun Park, Assistant Director of International Marketing and Operations at email@example.com
Bloomfield College is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.