Career Opportunities - Administrators
The Webmaster is a full-time administrative position reporting to the Director of Marketing in the Office of Enrollment Management and Admission. The Webmaster is primarily responsible for development, maintenance, and management of the College’s websites. The position requires a creative, self-motivated individual with a combination of technical knowledge and a strong sense of user-friendly design and navigation.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Build and manage websites/pages that reflect the College’s branding and identity while maintaining quality control in ease of navigation, design, message continuity and construction.
- Execute new web development initiatives including, but not limited to: website updates, creation of new sites/sections/pages/portals, and integration of third-party tools and multimedia applications.
- Actively oversee and manage the College’s content management system (CMS), and facilitate end-user access for the websites and the CMS.
- Establish and maintain site-wide policies, procedures, and documentation including, but not limited to: web style guide and user training manual.
- Train and consult staff on how to use the CMS and best practices for the websites.
- Keep web host and related technologies updated with patches and security including, but not limited to: file back-ups and resolution of performance issues.
- Ensure SEO optimization of all web content, manage web analytics tracking, and prepare analytics reports.
- Serve as principal contact for the user community, and as participating member of the emergency response team as relates to campus web alerts.
- Work with the Director of Marketing, appropriate offices, and external vendors to develop and implement short and long-range plans and strategies for website additions and enhancements.
Please e-mail resume and three references to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Job Summary: Reporting directly to the Director of Admission and Assistant Director of Admission, the Admission Counselor is responsible for the recruitment of freshmen and transfer students to Bloomfield College.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Recruits freshmen and transfer students to the day full and part-time programs and maintains oversight of one recruitment territory as assigned by the Director and Assistant Director of Admission.
- Reviews applications and makes admission decisions based on Bloomfield College admission policies.
- Makes periodic reports to the Director and Assistant Director of Admission on the status of recruitment and the current enrollment of undergraduate students at Bloomfield College.
- Travels to high school and community based organizations and businesses as well as college fairs to recruit students.
- Conducts Admission and Financial Aid presentations and on-site visits.
- Maintains office hours during which time he/she is available to interview students, review applications, evaluate pertinent documentation and make admission decisions on assigned student applications.
- Maintain contact with applicants utilizing all available communication tools to ensure completion of the application and to increase yield of accepted students.
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with high school and other guidance counselors/officers.
- Assist in the preparation of and participate in all on-campus recruiting events.
- Maintain event RSVP lists and confirm student attendance at admission events.
- Counsel students and their families on programs and services available at Bloomfield College.
- This position requires extensive travel in the fall and spring.
- Position requires working some evenings and any weekend enrollment management events.
Requires BA/BS degree; and a minimum of one year admissions experience. The candidate must have a valid driver's license and own a car that can be used for recruitment travel. Required skills include proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel, ability to quickly learn and utilize proprietary educational software, exemplary written and verbal communication skills, basic math ability, and excellent problem-solving skills. Individual should have good people skills with the ability help people feel at ease. Must function comfortably in a team structure and be able to speak before large and small groups with confidence.
Deadline to apply: October 15, 2015
Applicants should send a current resume, cover letter, and three professional references to:
Director of Admission
Office of Enrollment Management and Admission
1 Park Place
Bloomfield, NJ 07003
Please no phone calls.
Bloomfield College, an independent college founded in 1868, is located in the NJ/NY metropolitan region. The mission of Bloomfield College is to prepare students to attain academic, personal and professional excellence in a multi-cultural and global society. Bloomfield College is embarking on a new era in fund-raising, and as such, will be growing the Advancement team in this historic time in the college's history. This new position will be an integral part of the college's fund-raising efforts during this exciting time.
Bloomfield College seeks applications for a seasoned Director of Corporate & Foundation Innovation. This experienced professional will lead the Corporate and Foundation Innovation efforts and manage a portfolio of top corporate and foundation prospects and selected institutional donors with the goal of raising maximum support for institutional priorities in a comprehensive capital campaign. Working closely with faculty, senior administrators and other campus partners, s/he will develop and implement fund-raising strategies; secure and steward major corporate and foundation gifts; and cultivate new and existing relationships with national, regional, and local organizations. S/he will write and present formal requests for support, visit donors and prospects independently and with faculty and administrators, as appropriate, and establish and maintain strategic relationships with Bloomfield alumni, community members, and campus colleagues in order to strengthen and increase Bloomfield’s ties to the corporate and foundation community.
This position is for someone entrepreneurial, a creative thinker with exceptional communication skills. The qualified candidate will become a key member of the development team with annual bench marks assigned to the position.
- Write proposals, budgets, reports, and other ancillary materials.
- Manage relationships with a substantial portfolio of corporate and foundation funders.
- Conduct research to identify new Foundation and Corporate prospects and develop strategy for outreach and development of the relationships.
- Maintain the Foundation and Corporate data for tracking purposes, notifying faculty of opportunities and reporting deadlines.
- Build a large portfolio of new active funders, and deepen relationships with existing funders pro-actively through personal contact and a "moves management" approach
Educational and Other Requirements
A Bachelor’s degree is required; a graduate degree preferred. Eight years of direct fundraising in a complex development organization with substantive corporation and foundation experience is preferred. The qualified candidate should demonstrate a proven track record of soliciting and closing corporate/foundation gifts in the six-, and seven-figure range. Strong organizational, supervisory, and leadership capabilities are required as well as superb writing skills as demonstrated through a portfolio of samples. Other important characteristics include a strong work ethic, personal integrity, excellent communication and organizational skills, strategic thinking and planning skills, and a commitment to the mission and values of Bloomfield College. Capital campaign experience is strongly preferred.
This position reports to the Vice President for Institutional Advancement.
Please e-mail cover letter, resume, and three references to: email@example.com
Bloomfield College is an affirmative action, equal-opportunity employer. The College is committed to achieving excellence through a diverse workplace and inclusive culture that encourages all people to reach their full potential. The College encourages applications and/or nominations of women, persons of color, veterans, and persons with disabilities.