Write Your Own Story

Housing Forms & Resources

Check-In Procedures

Please download the Fall Check In Procedures. It is an important document regarding your resident housing at Bloomfield College. If you have any questions, please contact the Office of Residential Education & Housing at 973-748-9000 ext. 1247.

CSI Personal Property Insurance Plan Waiver
The College has engaged the services of an insurance company to cover losses to your personal property. This would include losses due to theft, breakage, water damage such as sprinkler systems, etc. The cost for all residents students is $40 per semester ($80 total) and will cover up to $4,000 of property per incident with a $50 deductible. However, you are not required to purchase this insurance. This form allows you to waive/opt out of this personal property insurance plan.
You can fill out the form here.


Housing Withdrawals Procedures

This period of agreement for on-campus housing is for one academic year (September – December and January – May). A student’s account may be assessed penalties for early breach of contract under the following conditions.   

Residence fees are non-refundable once the student moves into their assigned housing assignment. Board charges will be prorated in the event of departure from the residence halls. The College reserves the right to apply the student's security deposit toward payment of any room and board charges incurred by the student in the event room and board charges have not been paid at the time of departure from the residence hall. In the event the student no longer wants to reside in housing, the student must submit a housing withdrawal form to the Office of Residential Education & Housing. At the end of the academic year, the student is responsible for applying for their security deposit refund by completing a Housing Withdrawal Form, available below. Processing time of 2-4 weeks should be expected prior to receiving the refund. Questions regarding the status of your refund should be directed to Student Financial Services.

Room Change Procedures

Room changes may be made only after the first three (3) weeks of the Fall and Spring semesters.  Resident students wishing to change rooms must submit a Room Change Request Form to the Office of Residential Education & Housing for consideration. Room changes are not official until approved by the Office of Residential Education & Housing.  There are no guarantees; room change accommodations are contingent on space availability or even room swaps. Illegal room changes will result in a disciplinary sanction and /or fines. The resident who is changing locations will need to make an appointment with his/her present RA to check out (using the RCR) and also with the new RA to check-in (completing a new RCR and following all other procedures as instructed).  The resident must turn in the keys to the original room within 24 hours of the change or he/she will be billed for a lock change.