Bloomfield Educates Students for Tomorrow through career experiences TODAY!
Required Workshops for the BEST Program: On-Campus and Federal Community Service Positions: ALL first-time participants in the program must attend the introductory workshop, Career Preparation I. This required group session covers the basics of career planning. Second year participants in the BEST Program (Sophomores, as well as some juniors or seniors) are required to participate in the BEST Advanced Workshop: Career Preparation II.
Career Prep I
Welcome freshmen and transfer students! If you received a Federal Work Study award and are interested in learning about opportunities to work on campus or at a federal community service site, then we encourage you to attend one of the BEST Program Introductory Workshops listed below. The Career Prep I workshop is offered by the Center for Career Development during the summer, as well as at the beginning of the Fall and Spring semesters.
The Career Prep I workshop is required for all students interested in working on-campus through the BEST program. The workshop topics include:
- How to set up a BC Career Connections account, Bloomfield College’s job posting system
- An overview of the step-by-step application process
- Tips for creating a professional-level resume
- An introduction to the FOCUS II system: learn about your personality type, values, interests, and more ~ and which majors and careers fit YOU best!
- Information on what employers look for in candidates
Please select a date and time in the drop-down menu below under Career Prep I.
Career Prep II
Second year participants in the BEST Program (Sophomores, as well as some juniors or seniors) are required to participate in the BEST Advanced Workshop: Career Preparation II: Building on Today for Tomorrow.
If you are eligible to participate for a second year in the BEST Program in Fall 2014, we encourage you to attend this workshop. It will be offered by the Center for Career Development during the summer, as well as at the beginning of the Fall and Spring semesters.
- Assessment of the first-year experience
- What makes a good employee great
- The importance of internships
- Career goal setting/action planning/developing portfolios
- Advanced resume writing and interviewing
- Introduction to Optimal Resume system
- Workplace ethics
Please select a date and time in the drop-down menu below under Career Prep II.
Please note: Attendance at a workshop does not guarantee that you will get a position. The program is competitive. Attendance at a workshop is required.
Get a head start. Attend a workshop this summer if you can! Your career preparation begins today.
If you have any questions about our upcoming programs, please contact The Center for Career Development at (973)748-9000 ext. 1250.