The Center for Career Development, your PARTNER in the recruitment and workforce development process!
We are dedicated to preparing students for careers through a variety of programs and services. We seek to empower our students through a combination of individual career counseling, educational career development workshops and programs, and career-related experiences. Our goal is to prepare students so that they are READY to start their careers on a sound basis and have the tools to continue to manage their careers throughout their professional lives.
We seek to partner with you in a variety of ways!
Post Opportunities through our Online Recruiting/Job Posting System
Our job board, BC Career Connections, is powered by CSM. Please register for this free service. You can post full-time, part-time, seasonal, internship, or volunteer positions, as well as make announcements about special programs, events, or contests you may be hosting.
Just go to: BC Career Connections: Employers
Posting a Job? Please refer to the following Employer Policies:
Posting an Internship? Please refer to the following guidelines:
The Center for Career Development will post internship opportunities which comply with the definition and criteria set forth by the Department of Labor and the National Association of Colleges and Employers, NACE.
- The experience must be an extension of the classroom: a learning experience that provides for applying the knowledge gained in the classroom.
- It must not be simply to advance the operations of the employer or be the work that a regular employee would routinely perform.
- The skills or knowledge learned must be transferable to other employment settings.
- The experience has a defined beginning and end, and a job description with desired qualifications.
- There are clearly defined learning objectives/goals related to the professional goals of the student’s academic coursework.
- There is supervision by a professional with expertise and educational and/or professional background in the field of the experience.
- There is routine feedback by the experienced supervisor.
- There are resources, equipment, and facilities provided by the host employer that support learning objectives/goals.
Please click on this link to read the full article published by NACE: http://www.naceweb.org/about/membership/internship/
Schedule an On-Campus Recruiting Visit
Employers can schedule fall or spring on-campus recruiting visits to interview qualified candidates for internships, part-time jobs, or full-time positions. The Center for Career Development will coordinate the collection of resumes for you to review, employers select the candidates they’d like to meet, and The Center will schedule your interviews. Appointments are usually a half hour long. Call the Center for Career Development, 973-748-9000, ext. 1250 to schedule your visit!
Plan to Conduct an Information Session or Participate in an On-Campus Career "Meet the Professionals" Panel
Employers can schedule an information session or information table about a company, program, or career field. If you are interested in providing information to our students by participating in a career information panel, please contact the Center for Career Development, 973-748-9000, ext. 1250.