Alumni Career Services
The Center for Career Development at Bloomfield College recognizes that career development is a lifelong process. Alumni are welcome to utilize our programs and services, which include:
- Individual appointments with an experienced career counselor
- E-counseling for those who cannot visit the office
- Resume and cover letter critiques
- The opportunity to complete self-assessment inventories
Alumni are welcomed to attend our workshops, career fairs, and employer panels! Our services are invaluable to alumni who are in career transition due to personal choice or downsizing.
Individual Counseling Sessions
Please call for an appointment in advance: 973-748-9000, ext. 1250.
If you are interested in taking the Myers Briggs Type Indicator or Strong Interest Inventory, these assessments are available for a modest fee. Upon completion and review, a counselor will meet with you to interpret the results and determine an action plan!
Computer Lab and Career Resource Library
- Computer Lab: four computer stations available for research, completing applications, etc.
- Career Resource Library: magazines, books, sample resumes, and more!
Explore Majors and Career Options
This great resource enables you to review all the fields which employ your major. You will be surprised at the range of opportunities!
BC Career Connections
Searching for a new position?
- Go to: BC Career Connections: Students (and Alumni)
- Complete a profile
- Upload and store your resumes and cover letters
- Apply for jobs
- Track your applications
- Review BC Career Connections Document Library for valuable career management information
Share your expertise with our students.
Consider participating in one of our Meet the Professionals Panels! Alumni and corporate representatives provide students with insight into career fields with an opportunity to network.
Plan to attend the Annual Student-Alumni Networking Dinner. It is a great way to connect with current students and a terrific way to re-connect with other alumni!
Interested in hiring a student intern? Do you want to post a part-time or full-time opportunity?
- To post an internship, job, or volunteer opportunity, go to: BC Career Connections: Employers
- 24/7 access
Mentoring/Panel Presentations/Externship Opportunities
We need you to assist us in the career development of our undergraduates!
- If interested in sharing your knowledge and experience with our students by conducting an information session, providing an internship experience, or serving as a mentor, please contact The Center at 973-748-9000, ext. 1250.
Job Search Links
Visit our Online Resources page!
What Are You Doing Now?
- Please let us know what you are doing today!!