Immigration Requirements for Accepted Students
In order to study in the U.S., international students must be under F-1 status and enter the U.S. with an F-1 Student Visa (Canadian citizens are not required to have a visa). In addition, Bloomfield College is required by the Department of Homeland Security to determine that international applicants have sufficient financial resources to cover their expenses while studying in the U.S.
To receive your Certificate of Eligibility for NON-Immigrant Student Status, or more commonly known as the Form I-20, you must be accepted to Bloomfield College and submit all of the Form I-20 requirements listed below:
- Form I-20 Application
- Form I-20 (PDF)
- Affidavitof Support
- Affidavitof Free Room and Board
- Financial evidence, less than six months old, in English, in the form of a bank statement and W2 form. If you cannot submit a W2 Form, then submit a series of bank statements with a copy of a recent pay stub.
- Photocopy of the picture pages of your Passport.
- For F-1 students currently studying in the U.S. only: submit the Transfer-In Form completed by your international student advisor in addition the the above.
Completed applications and admission requirements should be returned to the Office of Enrollment Management & Admission. Feel free to send us your application materials Email is preferred.
Office of Admission
One Park Place
Bloomfield, NJ 07003
Once you have obtained your Form I-20, From Bloomfield College you will:
- Visit the U.S. Immigration and & Customs Enforcement website for important next steps.
- Pay your I-901 SEVIS (Student and Exchange Visitor Information System) fee, mandated by the U.S. Department of Homeland Security.
- Apply for a visa at a U.S. embassy or consulate.
- Prepare for your arrival in the U.S. and plan to attend Bloomfield Colleges' International Student Orientation.