College Application Checklist
Use this checklist as a helpful tool during your college search and application process! Download a PDF of the checklist here.
1. Visit the College
- Attend an Open House
- Schedule a Campus Tour
- RSVP for an Instant Decision Day
- Schedule an appointment with an Admission Counselor
2. Apply to the College
- Apply Online or complete and submit a paper application
- Submit the necessary documents*
- Documents that most colleges request:
- SAT/ACT Scores
- Essay/ Personal Statement
- Letters of Recommendation
OPTIONAL VIDEO ESSAY:
Showcase your unique story and skills! Share your personal story with us through our optional video essay application supplement. Upload a video (3 minute maximum) to www.zeemee.com and send the link to firstname.lastname@example.org, along with your full name and date of birth. Video submissions will be reviewed for admission evaluation and scholarship opportunities.
3. File your FASFA
- File at www.fafsa.ed.gov
- Follow up with your parents! Be sure they file their taxes early
- File your FAFSA after January 1st of your Senior Year
- Include the Colleges/Universities that you want to receive financial aid information
4. Confirm Your Intent to Enroll
- Pay Housing and Tuition Deposit (Be mindful of the deadlines and dates!)**
- Take your Placement Test(s)***
- Register for classes
*Don’t make your guidance counselors find you for these documents! Once you’ve applied visit the guidance office and request your documents to be sent to the school.
**Please be advised that if you live far away from college, you need to submit your housing deposit before the deadline in order to secure your spot in a residence hall.
***Placement testing is done to see what level students are in their Math and Reading. Most colleges will give placement tests.