Accelerated RN to BSN
Do you want to be a leader in the nursing industry, advance in your career and move to the next level of education? Then, a Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) is the next step!
The RN to BSN Accelerated Degree Program provides a fast track to the BSN for motivated registered nurses who wish to expand their skills beyond the clinical aspect of nursing and increase responsibility and leadership in their nursing career.
Bloomfield College is the place to provide the academic foundation and skills needed to excel in today’s complex health-care environment and meet the challenges facing today’s healthcare providers.
2016-2017 TUITION RATE: $1,860 per course
Why pursue your BSN?
- A BSN teaches enhanced leadership, management and critical thinking skills.
- Your work experience combined with a BSN will help you stand out among employers and increase your earning potential.
- The National Advisory Council on Nursing Education and Practice (NACNEP) recommends that two-thirds of nurses have a BSN or higher degree by 2010 (NACNEP, 2001).
- As more hospitals strive to attain and sustain Magnet status, BSN-prepared nurses are in greater demand in those settings.
- A BSN is the gateway to a Master of Science in Nursing (MSN) degree.
If you have questions or need assistance, contact Jorge Fernandez, Assistant Director of Admission, at firstname.lastname@example.org or (973) 748-9000 ext. 1222.
The Bloomfield College RN to BSN Accelerated Degree Program is uniquely designed for working professional Registered Nurses (RNs) who have attained an associate’s degree or diploma in nursing and have an active New Jersey RN license. It is intended to help complete your BSN degree at a faster pace.
Our accelerated sessions allow you the opportunity to maintain a healthy balance between work and academics with our flexible course offerings. Classes run on a 12-month calendar in a hybrid format combining in-person and online course options.
The Bloomfield RN to BSN Accelerated Degree Program emphasizes cultural awareness and prepares you to work in an ethnically diverse healthcare environment. Our faculty members are active scholars as well as teachers who are well versed in the most current clinical practices and techniques.
You can earn a BSN in 15-18 months by attending classes once a week and completing an online component. All College and General Education requirements must be met to earn the BSN degree; additional courses may be required.
The Nursing program at Bloomfield College is accredited by the New Jersey Board of Nursing and the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE).
Criteria for Admission to the Nursing Major for RNs
- Minimum GPA of 2.5.
- Nursing courses completed that result in completion of nursing program resulting in RN licensure will be accepted for transfer credit. Transfer of non-nursing courses subject to College policy.
- Show proof of RN licensure in the State of New Jersey. RNs licensed in other states must obtain New Jersey licensure.
- Forward copies of liability/malpractice insurance with minimum coverage of $1,000,000/$3,000,000.