Career Opportunities: Staff
To apply for an employment opportunity at Bloomfield College, all applicants should reply to person or office indicated at:
467 Franklin Street
Bloomfield, NJ 07003
Fax: (973) 743-3998 (unless otherwise indicated in specific job posting)
Email: Not all search committees accept emailed resumes, but where an email address is not given, you can often contact the person listed by using the format: email@example.com The Webmaster can in no case accept emailed resumes. They should be sent to the contact listed in the job description.
The Information Technology Department at Bloomfield College is looking to fill a full-time, day shift position at the Help Desk. Professional communication skills are a must. Please send inquiries and resumes to: ResumesIT@Bloomfield.edu.
To serve as the primary level of technical support and provide troubleshooting services to end-users. While demonstrating excellent customer service skills, the Help Desk Analyst resolves service requests via telephone, email, and in person.
First Level Support: provide general information, account creation, and database maintenance.
Analyze and resolve problems and technical issues.
Troubleshoot, document, and track pertinent data into IT management software for departmental resources.
Delegate appropriate requests to IT personnel in a timely fashion.
Proper allocation and escalation of technical requests.
Research issues that cannot be resolved on a first level.
Serve as support liaison between end-users and IT personnel.
Assist with administrative duties, event coordination, and project planning.
High School diploma and/or equivalent work experience in a Help Desk or IT role. Strong organizational and problem recognition skills.
Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and knowledge of IT Management software (TrackIT, Magic Service Desk, Remedy, etc) is desirable.
Proficient written and verbal communication skills.
Flexibility to work with rotating schedules.
Send resume and list of references to firstname.lastname@example.org by 8/5/16. No phone calls please.
The ESL instructors are part-time positions within the American Language Center at the Office of International Training and Professional Studies (ITPS) at Bloomfield College. Maximum 29 hours of teaching per week. Our ESL program offers small classes with customized instruction. There are 6 ESL levels and classes run for 8 week sessions year-round. We offer an integrated teaching approach in our program. We have daytime/evening sessions.
· Classroom management
· Utilizing appropriate standardized ESL curriculum, incorporating a variety of materials and teaching techniques to enhance student learning and outcomes, and to maintain student interest
· Planning, preparing and delivering lessons to a range of classes and age groups
· Preparing and setting tests, examination papers, and exercises
· Marking and providing appropriate feedback on oral and written work
· Maintaining cooperative relationships and open communication with all staff and students
· Assisting students with improving proficiencies in basic skills
· Maintaining confidentiality of student records, personal information and organizational information at all times
· Counseling individual students on academic progress
· Participating in marketing and cultural events for the language school
· Organizing and getting involved in social and cultural activities
· Basic administration, such as keeping student progress and attendance records
· MA in related field plus 2 years’ experience teaching/teaching certificate from any state/or TEFL/TESOL certification
· Native speaker of English
· Strong communication and interpersonal skills
· Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks
· Keen attention to detail
· Ability to provide effective follow-up on individual activities in a fast-paced, multi-tasking environment
· Strong time management and organizational skills; demonstrated ability to work well independently and in teams
· Track record of being able to produce work in a timely manner with flexibility when necessary to adapt to changing work conditions
· Experience with international students or educational exchange programming.
Competitive hourly salary commensurate with experience To apply please send cover letter, resume and references to Soyun Park, Assistant Director of International Marketing and Operations at email@example.com
Bloomfield College is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.