Career Opportunities: Staff
To apply for an employment opportunity at Bloomfield College, all applicants should reply to person or office indicated at:
467 Franklin Street
Bloomfield, NJ 07003
Fax: (973) 743-3998 (unless otherwise indicated in specific job posting)
Email: Not all search committees accept emailed resumes, but where an email address is not given, you can often contact the person listed by using the format: firstname.lastname@example.org The Webmaster can in no case accept emailed resumes. They should be sent to the contact listed in the job description.
The Educational Opportunity Fund (EOF) Summer Institute at Bloomfield College is the baseline of academic initiatives for students participating in the program. Currently, Bloomfield College seeks temporary staff members to help incoming freshman with their acclimation to college. The positions currently available include;
The Resident Director is responsible for supervising the intensive summer staff and managing operational functions during the program. This individual also provides direct services to students including personal, educational and cultural support in the absence of the program’s full-time staff. To meet this end, this individual works closely with the EOF Director in coordinating administrative operations and disciplinarian actions throughout the summer institute.
Candidates must have at least a Bachelor’s degree. Previous counseling or teaching experience is preferred.
Tutor Counselors (TC’s) are seasoned Bloomfield College Students that provide support to incoming freshman during the EOF Summer Institute. TC’s attend all lectures and facilitates group sessions during the Institute Summer with all EOF first year students.
Candidates must be current Bloomfield College students with a GPA of 2.5 or higher.
EOF Writing Seminar Instructor
EOF Writing Seminar Instructors use modern novels to improve incoming freshman’s writing ability to increase acclimation to college.
Writing seminar instructors must possess a minimum of a Master’s degree in English, Education, or a related field. Teaching experience at the secondary or collegiate level preferred.
All interested candidates should send a cover letter, resume, and contact information for three references to Maretta L. Hodges at EOF_Department@Bloomfield.edu. No phone calls, please.
The ESL instructors are part-time positions within the American Language Center at the Office of International Training and Professional Studies (ITPS) at Bloomfield College. Maximum 29 hours of teaching per week. Our ESL program offers small classes with customized instruction. There are 6 ESL levels and classes run for 8 week sessions year-round. We offer an integrated teaching approach in our program. We have daytime/evening sessions.
· Classroom management
· Utilizing appropriate standardized ESL curriculum, incorporating a variety of materials and teaching techniques to enhance student learning and outcomes, and to maintain student interest
· Planning, preparing and delivering lessons to a range of classes and age groups
· Preparing and setting tests, examination papers, and exercises
· Marking and providing appropriate feedback on oral and written work
· Maintaining cooperative relationships and open communication with all staff and students
· Assisting students with improving proficiencies in basic skills
· Maintaining confidentiality of student records, personal information and organizational information at all times
· Counseling individual students on academic progress
· Participating in marketing and cultural events for the language school
· Organizing and getting involved in social and cultural activities
· Basic administration, such as keeping student progress and attendance records
· MA in related field plus 2 years’ experience teaching/teaching certificate from any state/or TEFL/TESOL certification
· Native speaker of English
· Strong communication and interpersonal skills
· Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks
· Keen attention to detail
· Ability to provide effective follow-up on individual activities in a fast-paced, multi-tasking environment
· Strong time management and organizational skills; demonstrated ability to work well independently and in teams
· Track record of being able to produce work in a timely manner with flexibility when necessary to adapt to changing work conditions
· Experience with international students or educational exchange programming.
Competitive hourly salary commensurate with experience To apply please send cover letter, resume and references to Soyun Park, Assistant Director of International Marketing and Operations at email@example.com
Bloomfield College is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.