Career Opportunities: Staff
To apply for an employment opportunity at Bloomfield College, all applicants should reply to person or office indicated at:
467 Franklin Street
Bloomfield, NJ 07003
Fax: (973) 743-3998 (unless otherwise indicated in specific job posting)
Email: Not all search committees accept emailed resumes, but where an email address is not given, you can often contact the person listed by using the format: email@example.com The Webmaster can in no case accept emailed resumes. They should be sent to the contact listed in the job description.
Bloomfield College, a 140-year old liberal arts college of 2000+ students is committed to preparing students to attain academic, personal and professional excellence in a multicultural and global society.
The College seeks an experienced part-time highly motivated and talented clerical professional for the position of Part-Time Secretary for the Center for Career Development. Reporting to the Director, the Secretary is responsible for the planning, coordination and administration of all related Center for Career Development support details in relation to the multiple roles and functions of the Director, the Assistant Director and the Career Coaches within the department.
The Secretary will act as liaison between the Center for Career Development and all other areas of the College; coordinate appointment schedules, conferences and travel arrangements for all administrative personnel with the Center for Career Development; handle incoming calls to the department; prepare minutes for all meetings at which the Director or Assistant Director presides; assist in the scheduling and coordination of Career fairs, special events, student employee work schedules type correspondences, maintain and archive all departmental records and files. Some evening and weekend duties will be required for this position.
Minimum Qualifications: Two years of secretarial work experience; excellent organizational, written and verbal skills; and knowledge and proficiency in Microsoft Office such as Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, Internet Applications, and Enterprise student information systems such as Colleague/Campus Tracking applications systems.
Qualified candidates should submit electronically a letter of interest, resume, and the names, addresses, and telephone numbers of at least 3 professional references to:
Rachel M. Jackiewicz
Director, Center for Career Development
208 Liberty Street
Bloomfield, NJ 07003
Applications should be submitted by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Review of applications and nominations will begin immediately. For full consideration, applications should be received no later than May 15, 2017.
Bloomfield College is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
The Center for Innovation in Teaching to Enhance Learning (CITEL) at Bloomfield College is seeking part-time Test Proctors to work in the Test Center.
Proctors are needed during weekday afternoons, usually between the hours of 12pm-4pm. Hours may vary slightly depending on testing schedule. The position is paid at an hourly rate.
The part-time Test Proctor will assist the Testing Coordinator with the following activities:
- Check students in at the front desk
- Sign students into exams
- Monitor student activity during exams according to proctoring guidelines
- Print out and distribute scores
- Reach out to the campus Help Desk if there are technical issues
- Proficient in basic computer programming (email, Microsoft office etc.).
- Strong in customer service.
- Reliable, professional, and prompt.
- Must have reliable transportation.
Please send a brief cover letter and resume via email to email@example.com. No phone calls or hard copy submissions, please.
The ESL instructors are part-time positions within the American Language Center at the Office of International Training and Professional Studies (ITPS) at Bloomfield College. Maximum 29 hours of teaching per week. Our ESL program offers small classes with customized instruction. There are 6 ESL levels and classes run for 8 week sessions year-round. We offer an integrated teaching approach in our program. We have daytime/evening sessions.
· Classroom management
· Utilizing appropriate standardized ESL curriculum, incorporating a variety of materials and teaching techniques to enhance student learning and outcomes, and to maintain student interest
· Planning, preparing and delivering lessons to a range of classes and age groups
· Preparing and setting tests, examination papers, and exercises
· Marking and providing appropriate feedback on oral and written work
· Maintaining cooperative relationships and open communication with all staff and students
· Assisting students with improving proficiencies in basic skills
· Maintaining confidentiality of student records, personal information and organizational information at all times
· Counseling individual students on academic progress
· Participating in marketing and cultural events for the language school
· Organizing and getting involved in social and cultural activities
· Basic administration, such as keeping student progress and attendance records
· MA in related field plus 2 years’ experience teaching/teaching certificate from any state/or TEFL/TESOL certification
· Native speaker of English
· Strong communication and interpersonal skills
· Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks
· Keen attention to detail
· Ability to provide effective follow-up on individual activities in a fast-paced, multi-tasking environment
· Strong time management and organizational skills; demonstrated ability to work well independently and in teams
· Track record of being able to produce work in a timely manner with flexibility when necessary to adapt to changing work conditions
· Experience with international students or educational exchange programming.
Competitive hourly salary commensurate with experience To apply please send cover letter, resume and references to Soyun Park, Assistant Director of International Marketing and Operations at firstname.lastname@example.org
Bloomfield College is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.