Career Opportunities - Administrators
The Assistant Director of Marketing is a full-time administrative position reporting to the Director of Marketing in the Office of Enrollment Management and Admission. The assistant director is responsible for the development and management of the office’s marketing initiatives and special recruitment events to attract a diverse and broad pool of students for the undergraduate and master’s degree programs at Bloomfield College. The assistant director is deeply engaged with all marketing activities to build the best representation of Bloomfield College at events, on websites and social media channels, in printed materials, promotional items and advertising. The assistant director is a creative, self-starter with strong project management and communication skills.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Manage production of promotional messaging, publications, and other materials to support recruitment programs and events; assist in content development for print and digital materials so that programs are presented in an accurate and innovative manner.
- Manage annual recruitment events and other special events including event budgets, print and digital communications, vendors, logistics and on-site staff; ensure appropriate and consistent visual representation of Bloomfield College at event
- Design and maintain marketing programs using all relevant areas of social networking (Twitter, YouTube, Instagram, Facebook, etc.) and other new and emerging technologies.
- Assist in the development and implementation of program-specific marketing plans.
- Serve as a contributing member of the marketing team focused on innovative and effective strategies for program marketing and student recruitment.
- Assist in effective management of the marketing budget.
- Position requires working some evenings and weekends for social media coverage and enrollment management events.
- Other duties as assigned by the Director of Marketing.
Requires a Bachelor's degree in related field, with one to three years of professional marketing experience, ideally in higher education. Demonstrate knowledge of and success with marketing services and event management in an educational or other nonprofit environment. Experience with all aspects of marketing support including online and print advertising, marketing publications, special events and implementation of marketing campaigns. Ability to handle multiple assignments, work under pressure, and meet deadlines. Ability to work collaboratively with multiple departments involved in recruitment efforts. Ability to work effectively with key vendors and temporary event staff. Must be able to take ownership of special projects as assigned. Must have mastery grammar and proof reading skills. Visual/graphic design background a plus. Experience with social media desired.
Deadline to apply: December 31, 2015
Applicants should email a current resume, cover letter, and three professional references to email@example.com or fax to 973-743-2908.
Please no phone calls or snail mail.
Bloomfield College is an affirmative action, equal-opportunity employer. The College is committed to achieving excellence through a diverse workplace and inclusive culture that encourages all people to reach their full potential. The College encourages applications and/or nominations of women, persons of color, veterans, and persons with disabilities.