Career Opportunities - Administrators
Bloomfield College is seeking to hire a director for our TRIO-Student Support Services Grant program. This is a full-time, 12-month position within the Office of Academic Affairs. The director reports to the Associate VP for Academic Affairs. The successful director/coach will join a thriving program and must be willing to assist participants in achieving the goals of the program.
- Master’s degree in education, counseling, educational administration, or other related area or a master’s degree in a content area complimentary to other staff members (math, technology, or English) to provide a comprehensive academic staff plus
additional training in education, counseling, educational administration, or other related area
- Three or more years of successful experience in the administration of educational opportunities programs or support services programs—including the design, management, or implementation of same
- Minimum two years’ experience successfully addressing the needs of students with Student Support Services eligible profiles
- Strong management skills, including supervision of personnel, team building, and budget management
- Proficiency with technology for recordkeeping, reporting, and communication purposes and impeccable recordkeeping skills
- Strong sense of commitment and ethics; ability to maintain confidentiality
- Interest in developing a collaborative team approach within and across units of the College
- An individual with a background similar to that of SSS participants is preferred.
- Ensure compliance with all U.S. Department of Education (USDOE) regulations and requirements for SSS programs
- Prepare and submit annual reports to the USDOE
- Recruit students for the program
- Provide leadership for the development of Individual Education Plans for all SSS participants
- Oversee assessment, academic planning, and advising for SSS participants and monitoring student progress
- Provide academic, career, social/personal, and financial counseling to SSS participants
- Provide counseling and instruction in academic content area to participants
- With Associate VP, determine necessary and sufficient personnel for program effectiveness and make staffing recommendations to Associate VP
- Conduct annual staff evaluations
- Distribute SSS grant funds
Candidates must submit a cover letter, curriculum vita, and the contact information for three references. Please send all materials electronically (PDF format preferred) to TRIOsearch@bloomfield.edu. No hard copy materials will be accepted. No phone calls, please. Finalists will be asked to provide official transcripts. Consideration of applications will begin May 16, 2016 and continue until the position is filled.