Career Opportunities - Administrators
- Acts as the liaison between the Finance Office and the Student Financial Services Office.
- The primary focus of this position is to ensure timely and accurate invoicing of students, collection of receivables, and compliant and accurate disbursement of federal, state and private student financial aid.
- This position requires prompt notification to Administration of any unresolved discrepancies and/or potential liability to the College.
- Job requires extended work hours during peak work periods.
- Responsible for updating the Colleague billing tables and complete coordination of the Accounts Receivable Colleague function within the Student Financial Services Office.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as required, included but not limited to general ledger reconciliation of accounts receivable, cash, tuition and related accounts; ensure invoicing of student accounts is accurate; tuition test to ensure students are invoiced correctly; and other accounting functions
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance. In lieu of degree, 10+ years of relevant experience. 5+ year experience in similar supervisor position
- Experience in a higher education setting is a plus. Preference will be given to applicants with directly related experience in use of or administration of Ellucian’s Colleague student software
- Knowledge of fund accounting and generally accepted accounting principles.
- Strong interpersonal skills, analytical skills, service orientation, active listening, critical thinking, attention to detail, ability to multi-task in a high volume environment, organizational skills, effective verbal and written communication skills, sound judgment and decision making.
- Ability to function effectively as a member of a team.
- Proficiency in the use of spreadsheet and database software.
- Ability to perform accurate, detailed work.
- Ability to foster a respectful, cooperative, professional and courteous environment, maintain confidentiality, and employ tact and diplomacy.
- Ability to organize work, establish priorities and meet deadlines
Please email a cover letter, resume and list of three (3) professional references (PDF format preferred) to email@example.com by April 7, 2017. Resumes received after that date will be kept on file.
Bloomfield College is an affirmative action, equal-opportunity employer. The College is committed to achieving excellence through a diverse workplace and inclusive culture that encourages all people to reach their full potential. The College encourages applications and/or nominations of women, persons of color, veterans, and persons with disabilities. Bloomfield College is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
• Supervise Office of Student Financial Services counseling staff consisting of four Student Financial Services Advisors and a Systems Manager
• Assist in ensuring regulatory compliance in all areas of financial aid, including federal, state and college policies and guidelines.
• Oversee timely review and processing of financial aid applications, award letters, needs analysis and disbursement of funds to students.
• Monitor and review satisfactory academic progress for students as required by federal and state regulations.
• Work collaboratively with the enrollment management team and student finance staff to meet the enrollment and retention goals of the college by providing support for recruitment and retention strategies through the financial services delivery system.
• Provide and promote excellent customer service to students regarding all financial matters. Educate the student body on all federal, state and college policies and procedures.
• Award and manage the College’s Endowed and Restricted Scholarships.
• Oversee and award all Division II athletic scholarships.
• Complete R2T4 calculations.
• Represent the College at Open Houses, Financial Aid Nights, and other events as assigned.
• Evening and weekend hours as required.
• Other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree required. Minimum 3 years of financial aid experience with strong comprehensive knowledge of Title IV regulations, needs analysis, R2T4 calculations and NJ financial aid regulations; demonstrated knowledge of Datatel or similar computerized financial aid systems; excellent interpersonal, oral, written and presentation skills and excellent customer service and organizational skills required. Supervisory experience required.
Deadline to apply: April 15, 2017
Applicants should send a current resume, cover letter, and three professional references to:
Office of Enrollment Management and Admission
1 Park Place
Bloomfield, NJ 07003
No phone calls.
Of the three references, two must be from previous supervisors.
Reporting to the Vice President for Enrollment Management and the Vice President for Finance, the Director of Student Financial Services at Bloomfield College will provide overall management and the strong leadership necessary for the effective administration of the College’s student financial services programs including, but not limited to, financial aid processing and disbursement, financial counseling, billing, and clearance. The Director is responsible for the administration of federal, state, and institutional financial aid, including scholarship, endowments, and grant budgets in excess of $45 million annually. The Director will develop and execute a departmental vision and strategy for leveraging financial aid resources and meeting student financial needs while supporting the College’s enrollment goals, monitoring and reporting on the College’s discount rate, and ensuring accepted standards and enrollment budget projections are met. With accountability for daily operations, the Director will lead, mentor, and develop a full-time staff of approximately nine professionals. Supervising, training, and providing professional development opportunities as well as organizing, prioritizing, and scheduling office assignments will be a priority for the new Director. The Director serves as a senior member of the Enrollment Management Leadership Group, represents the Office of Enrollment Management in the Vice President’s absence, and is expected to work with senior administration to develop and implement short and long-range plans and strategies for student financial services.
A bachelor’s degree is required (advanced degree strongly preferred) and at least five years of progressively responsible experience in student financial services, financial aid, and billing services; working knowledge of enrollment management technology and excellent managerial and organizational skills; effective problem solving skills; and experience in coordinating student financial services with those of other administrative offices are essential to success. Superior verbal, written and presentation skills are required, as are strong analytical skills and an understanding of complex financial analysis for the planning and implementing of effective financial aid awarding policies. Competency in monitoring, reporting, and control is needed in order to develop, analyze, and interpret financial information for required and ad hoc reporting for institutional and external agency use. The Director is expected to work with peers and senior managers to ensure a robust, budget-savvy, financial aid awarding process and will be expected to collaborate with others on strategic enrollment and scholarship awarding goals, review progress toward the goals, and discuss the need for additional actions if necessary. The Director must be a hands-on leader who maintains a forward-looking vision and possesses an unwavering commitment to superior customer service, an understanding of the importance of financial aid in recruitment and retention, and sensitivity to cultural issues with the ability to relate effectively and consistently with a diverse student body and external contacts. Familiarity with NCAA Division II scholarship policies and with the Ellucian Colleague software system is a plus.
Application and Nomination
Review of applications will begin March 15, 2017 and will continue until the position is filled. A resume with an accompanying cover letter may be submitted via the Spelman Johnson website at http://bit.ly/2ljupeV Nominations for this position may be emailed to Kendra E. Dane at firstname.lastname@example.org. Applicants needing reasonable accommodation to participate in the application process should contact Spelman Johnson at 413-529-2895.
Bloomfield College is an affirmative action, equal-opportunity employer. The College is committed to achieving excellence through a diverse workplace and inclusive culture that encourages all people to reach their full potential. The College encourages applications and/or nominations of women, persons of color, veterans, and persons with disabilities.